A company based in Isando is looking for a BI Developer with SAP Data Services to join their team on a 3 month short term contract, working from Isando home/office. How are you [Email Address Removed]
The Business Intelligence Developer assists in creating and maintaining a data warehouse design to generate business operations intelligence reports to aid in business performance monitoring and business decision making . The role also develops, deploys and maintains Business Intelligence solutions. These include data visualization and interactive dashboards, ad hoc reports, and data modeling tools.
- Participate in the development, deployment and maintenance of business intelligence solutions.
- Help translate Business Intelligence related business needs into technical specifications.
- Communicate with non-technical business users to determine specific business needs for Business Intelligence reports and solutions.
- Participate in the design and modeling of the data warehouse according to established standards and aligned with best practices.
- Develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making, including standard reports and functional dashboards.
- Perform technical troubleshooting, code debugging and problem solving for existing data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Communicates regularly with technical, application, and operations personnel to ensure database integrity, security, and optimized performance at the application and database level.
- Lead and participate in and support all planning and problem solving.
- Identifies, communicates and resolves data quality and data reconciliation issues.
- Performs independent audits and reviews and validates databases to ensure data integrity.
- Works collaboratively with business customers and other IT operations teams to resolve data discrepancies.
- Maintains an accurate and complete inventory of data assets, data sources and reports.
- Builds effective partnerships with team members by freely sharing best practices and providing assistance when needed.
- Strive to provide quality service to all internal and external customers.
- Degree in Computer Science or BTech in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent qualification
- Business Intelligence Technology Certification
- Graduate degree in computer science or related field
- 4 7 years of practical experience as a Business Intelligence Developer
- Experience in the following technologies
- 3 years of experience in QlikSense,
- 2 years of experience in PwerBI
- 2 years of experience in Teradata
- 4 years of SQL experience
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging business intelligence solutions
- Participation in Agile and DevOps squads
- Computer experience
- Experience in SAP Data Services
- Working knowledge of business intelligence technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Working knowledge of data visualization libraries
- Strong understanding of all underlying infrastructure including data integration tools, ETL/ELT processes, data formatting and warehouse architecture
- Good knowledge of databases
- Understanding of ITIL
- Exposure to Agile practices
Find out more/Apply to this position