The expertise of a solution-focused Data Science Project Manager is sought by a leading AgriTech company to ensure the efficient delivery of one or more advanced analytics, reporting and AI/ML projects. Your role will be to develop and communicate project roadmaps for data science projects, including the scope and definition of tasks that meet the project vision; manage and document scope using project management ticketing systems such as Jira, Atlassian. The successful candidate has a strong command of Python, SQL, Metabase, Postgres, G Suite, Git, MS Office and a working knowledge of databases, analytics, AI/ML, engineering, cloud systems, BI development, data wrangling, prototyping, UI/UX Design, and the data science lifecycle, including front-end development tools and technologies.
- Develop and communicate project roadmaps for Data Science projects.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily tasks and workflows of the project team.
- Manage stakeholder requests and expectations; provide updates to project sponsors.
- Carry and define the tasks that meet the vision of the project; manage and document scope using a project management ticketing system such as Jira, Atlassian.
- Identify and gather data sets needed for projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement scalable solutions.
- Remove obstacles that hinder team productivity.
- Ensure that the project team and resulting project results comply with regulatory, ethical and legal requirements.
- Manage a cycle of deliverables that meet time and resource constraints.
- Design, manage and evangelize effective agile workflows; often using Kanban, Scrum and Data Driven Scrum.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Have a good command of Python, SQL and visualization tools like Metabase.
- Working knowledge of databases, analytics, AI/ML, engineering, cloud systems, and data science lifecycle, including front-end development tools and technologies.
- BI development
- Data analysis
- Data management
- Data science
- Data conflict
- design thinking
- Market research
- UI/UX design
Tools/Languages – G Suite, Git, MS Office, Postgres, Python, SQL
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position