LANSING, MI – A Michigan player was one number away from winning the grand prize, but there was no winner of the $464 million Powerball jackpot for the Saturday, October 15 draw.
This means that the Monday, October 17 draw will be worth $480 million with a cash option of $242.2 million.
Powerball (white) numbers for October 15: 32-37-40-58-62
The red Powerball power number: 15
The Power Play number: 5
Double game numbers: 6-19-32-48-50
Double Play Powerball Number: 1
October 15 Powerball winners:
· Although there was no grand prize winner, two players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. These tickets were sold in Ohio and Texas.
· However, neither player also played the Power Play option, which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
· Prior to the draw, the jackpot increased from $454 million to $464 million.
· In Michigan, a ticket sold matched four white balls and the Powerball to win $50,000 in the draw. It was the biggest prize won in the state.
· There were 985,114 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the draw. In Michigan, 38,300 tickets sold won at least $4 in the draw.
Powerball is offered in 44 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and a red ball (from 1 to 26). Tickets are $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions draw will take place on Tuesday, October 18 with an estimated jackpot of $20 million and a cash option of $10 million.
· The next Lotto 47 draw will take place on Wednesday, October 19 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.25 million. The deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth approximately $167,000. The draw is at 7:29 p.m. The deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest Michigan Lottery news, check out the official Michigan Lottery website, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles, and other lottery games.
The latest Michigan player to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club who won a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s a good idea for players to check their tickets immediately because a $1 million winner sold to Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the State School Aid Fund.